Main component of Uluchay Social-Economic Innovation Center is tackling different social issues. Through our work we strive to protect, defend and support vulnerable groups and increase social and economic development of the region. All of our projects and programs are focused on problem solving or prevention of different social challenges. The nature of our work is multidimensional and concentrated on capacity building activities, developing new innovative ideas and methodologies on how to address certain issues in order to reach the most sustainable and beneficial results.
Uluchay has over the years worked on different relevant social issues such as:
- reduction of poverty and youth unemployment;
- empowerment of women;
- lack of necessary infrastructure for development of the region;
- rehabilitation of current and ex prisoners back into the society;
- sanitation and clean water preservation.
Uluchay has experience in :
- Organising awareness raising campaigns, round tables and workshops on relevant topics, business and management trainings, summer camps;
- Developing social entrepreneurship programs and mentoring start up businesses;
- Conducting policy research surveys;
- Protection and promotion of social and economic rights of vulnerable groups;
- Providing psychological and legal aid;
- Strengthening the capacity of civil society organizations in order to effectively advocate their cause at local and national level.