Vacancy: Community Mobilizers
Community Mobilizer in Sheki and Shamkir
“Uluchay” Social-Economic Innovation Center is a Sheki-based non-governmental organization working on the socio-economic development of Azerbaijani regions. Uluchay is looking for an experienced and qualified person to fill the Community Mobilizer position for a women’s economic empowerment project.
Position title: Community Mobilizer
Reporting to: Project Manager
Contract: One-year contract with possible extension to two more years
Work station: 1 position in Sheki and 1 position in Shamkir, with regular travel to communities in Sheki-Zagatala and Ganja-Gazakh Economic Regions respectively
Uluchay is planning to start implementing a project related to women’s economic development in the Sheki-Zagatala and Ganja-Gazakh Economic Regions of Azerbaijan. Within this project, the Community Mobilizer will support the project’s implementation process and work with selected communities and women. The Mobilizer will be responsible for community mobilization, organizing events in selected communities, selecting participants, and working with stakeholders. The project duration is 3 years.
- Conduct consultations with selected communities to identify their needs and development perspectives;
- Involvement in the selection of women for different activities under the project;
- Support the Project Manager and Project Assistant to organize events and training sessions in selected communities;
- Develop relationships with key community leaders, local organizations, municipalities and other relevant stakeholders;
- Disseminate vital information to the community regarding the project activities and opportunities;
- Collect data and information from beneficiaries and communities for monitoring and reporting purposes;
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by supervisors and in line with organizational priorities.
- At least two year’s experience working on projects implemented by non-profit organizations, specifically in communities and women-related projects;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, and e-mail applications;
- A University degree in social or economic sciences is an advantage;
- Fluent in Azerbaijani and basic level in English;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
Interested persons should send a full CV in English or Azerbaijani stating the Job Title no later than 15 January 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: Community Mobilizer Sheki or Shamkir, depending on which position you are applying.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please make no telephone contact after submitting the application.