The main component of “Uluchay” Social-Economic Innovation Center is tackling different social issues. Through our work, we strive to protect, defend and support vulnerable groups and increase the social and economic development of the region. Our projects and programs focus on problem-solving or preventing different social challenges. Our work is multidimensional and concentrated on capacity-building activities, developing new innovative ideas and methodologies to address specific issues to reach the most sustainable and beneficial results.
Uluchay has, over the years, working on different relevant social issues such as:
- reduction of poverty and youth unemployment;
- empowerment of women;
- lack of necessary infrastructure for the development of the region;
- rehabilitation of current and ex-prisoners back into society.
Uluchay has experience in the following:
- Organizing awareness-raising campaigns, round tables, and workshops on relevant topics, business and management training, and summer camps;
- Developing social entrepreneurship programs and mentoring start-up businesses;
- Conducting policy research surveys;
- Protection and promotion of social and economic rights of vulnerable groups;
- Providing psychological and legal aid;
- We are strengthening civil society organizations’ capacity to advocate for their cause at local and national levels effectively.