Project Assistant Vacancy
“Uluchay” Social-Economic Innovation Center is a Sheki-based non-governmental organization working on the socio-economic development of Azerbaijani regions. Uluchay is looking for an experienced and qualified person to fill the Project Assistant position for a women’s economic empowerment project.
Position title: Project Assistant
Reporting to: Project Manager
Contract: One-year contract with possible extension to two more years
Work station: Sheki city, with regular travel to communities in Sheki-Zagatala and Ganja- Gazakh Economic Regions
Uluchay is planning to start implementing a project related to women’s economic development in the Sheki-Zagatala and Ganja-Gazakh Economic Regions of Azerbaijan. Within this project, the Assistant will support the project’s implementation process and work with selected communities and women. In addition, the Assistant will be responsible for data collection and communication-related issues of the project. The project duration is 3 years.
- Conduct administrative and financial duties related to all aspects of project implementation;
- Arrange all necessary logistics for the activities of both projects, such as workshops and training, e.g., book accommodation for participants, photocopy of materials, arrange transport, and supply stationery;
- Maintain an effective communication system and ensure information flow between the project and relevant parties;
- Collect data and information from beneficiaries and communities for monitoring and reporting purposes;
- Supporting the provision of technical support to winning business ideas;
- Participate in regular monitoring visits to ensure the quality of the project administration and financial management undertaken in project sites;
- Manage and regularly check project assets to ensure their proper purpose of use;
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by supervisors and in line with organizational priorities.
- At least two year’s experience working on projects implemented by non-profit organizations;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, and e-mail applications;
- A University degree in social or economic sciences is an advantage;
- Fluent in Azerbaijani and good level in English is an advantage;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
Interested persons should send a full CV in English or Azerbaijani stating the Job Title no later than 15 January 2023 to: email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please make no telephone contact after submitting the application.